Soheyla Dixon is the newest attorney at The Draper Law Firm, and we thought you should get to know her a little bit! We asked her a few questions and here are her responses:
1.What made you decide to go to law school?
Everyone deserves someone to fight for them. I wanted to go to law school to fight for what is right. My father grew up in another country, and my female relatives who live there don’t have the opportunity to earn advanced degrees or work in the legal profession. I felt it was my duty to my clients and my family to advocate for people who otherwise may not have a voice.
2. What do you enjoy most about family law?
I love how no case is the same as the last. Everyone’s family is different. Even if families are structured the same, the family dynamics are different. I enjoy getting to know my clients and what is important to them. The real joy is helping them navigate some of the toughest times in their lives.
3. How would you describe your philosophy as a family lawyer?
I prefer helping families come together and reach amicable resolutions in family law cases. After all, each family going through litigation will have to work together moving forward one way or another. When they make decisions together, they typically have more success in the long run.
4. Tell us a little about your family / pets
I am married to my high-school sweetheart. We have one daughter, Amira, who is 3 and a dog, Chloe.
5. What is the favorite place you have been to in the world and why?
Iran – my entire family (on my dad’s side) is there other than my dad.
6. What is your dream travel destination?
I would like to travel to Africa.
7. What are three little known facts about yourself?
I broke my ankle tripping off a water bottle. I went to college on tennis and academic scholarships. While in college, I met another girl with my same first AND last name – in MAGNOLIA ARKANSAS!
8. What are your hidden talents?
I can sing.
9. Favorite professional sports team(s)?
Dallas Cowboys (I know, I know)
10. What sports do you enjoy playing?
11. What do you enjoy doing for fun outside the office?
Reading, spending time with family, and anything outside.
12. What are your pet peeves?
Smacking gum and clicking pens